Sunday

Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Icing

Sometimes you're craving a nice, moist piece of cake; sometimes you're hungry for a tasty cookie...and sometimes you just need cookie dough piled sky high on top of a cupcake. On those days, turn to these chocolate cupcakes with chocolate chip peanut butter cookie dough icing. OK, so it's not exactly icing, it's pretty much just cookie dough slathered on a cupcake - but, for the life of me, I just can't find anything wrong with that.


To make these sweet treats, just whip up cupcakes using your favorite chocolate cake recipe. I used The Post Punk Kitchen's vegan "Just Chocolate Cake" recipe. My older sister is a vegan, so I'm always on the lookout for great desserts that she can enjoy. These turned out to be moist and delicious, although I don't personally prefer almond extract, so I'll be leaving that out next time.


Once your cupcakes have cooled, top them with some peanut butter cookie dough icing. I recommend using the recipe I found on Gimme Some Oven's blog. The dough doesn't contain eggs (although is is not vegan,) and it was soft enough that I was able to easily pipe it onto the cupcakes.


These treats were very rich - which is just what I was looking for from cookie dough topped cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment