Sunday

Winter Swag

I was getting a little sick of my Christmas wreath greeting me at the front door every day. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas. Just not in the middle of January. I wanted to freshen things up for the new year, but didn't have a lot of time or money to spend. Enter the winter swag. This cutie only took me about a half hour to make and cost less than $10. 


All you need is some burlap ribbon, scissors, twist ties and fake or fresh evergreen trimmings. I only used two trimmings because I didn't want the swag to be too big. 


Place the two evergreen trimmings next to each other and connect them using twist ties.


Cut the burlap to your desired length and tie it around the evergreens, covering the twist ties. 


Create a bow and trim the ends to your desired length. The first time around, I made the ends too short. They kind of reminded me of any time I've had a haircut that was so short it was awkward. I ended up redoing the ribbon so that the ends were about as long as the evergreens. I watched this YouTube video for guidance on creating my bow. I also cut a little "v" into the ends of the ribbon to give it a more polished look. 


And voila! A fresh front door decoration that is as easy to make as it is on the eyes. 


     

No comments:

Post a Comment